Monday, June 2, 2014

Art Journaling

My topic for art journaling was "outside" I used this to create a landscape made out of lots of different materials.

Artists Communicate Through their Work
My piece conveys the true meaning of the word "outside". I added the definition of outside to show that it doesn't just mean outdoors, it is anything beyond a boundary which is very broad. The openness in the definition is represented by a broad mountain range and wide sky. This piece also shows who I am or what I like. I love nature and I spend as much time outside as I can. One of my favorite things about nature is flowers. I love flowers because of their beauty, shape, and diversity. I incorporated flowers into my piece at the base of the mountain so viewers can see their beauty and how it enhances the beauty of the outdoors. 

Artists Develop Art-making Skills
I have always enjoyed collages and art journaling, but before this project I had never done it myself. I love the look of mixed media and how everything fits together even though it came from different sources. I used gel medium for the first time during this project and I really like the effect it gives. I hope to do more art journaling in the future and to get better at the skill.



No comments:

Post a Comment